Sunday, May 3, 2015

5-cent Coins no longer legal tender in Singapore?


So I bought a 60 cents file from JIAJING TRADING (a stationary shop at 482 Tampines Street 44) and the uncle told me that I can not pay him with two 5 cent coins because they are ONLY LEGAL TENDER at NTUC FAIR PRICE.

Feeling doubtful (BECAUSE I F**king WORK WITH THE PRESS) about his statement, I made a 15 seconds walk to the nearby EVERYDAY COME coffee shop and paid for a $1.10 coffee with the exact two 5 cent coins which were rejected earlier.

However the incident has caused me to be emotionally distressed because stationary shop owners are now part of the STATUTORY BOARD OF SINGAPORE. Shocked, disgusted and confused, I decided to email Monetary Authority Singapore, Baey Yam Keng (MP, Tampines), Consumer Association of Singapore, NTUC Fair Price and STOMP SINGAPORE for clarification. 





THIS IS SINGAPORE. YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR OWN LAWS, UNCLE!

No comments: