Monday, January 17, 2011

Summer Days Resume..


DRAGON LAKE
1898 Logan Road
Upper Mt. Gravatt


They have Yum Cha daily 11am-2.30pm
We came in at 2pm
and got mocked by the arrogant fat Malaysian boss
I'm not very happy about it
Let's see if their food is good enough to justify his arrogance!


The waitress left us with the A'la Carte menu
I had to ask for her to bring us the Yum Cha menu =_="
To make things worse,
they realise that the order chit was so badly designed
that we had to write the order number BEHIND the order chit


Chinese Tea
$2.20/pax


I'm here today with Paing Soe

My identity today is Ip Man
佛山 永春 叶文


The chilli sauce sucks!
Its extremely salty and taste weird


Chicken Satay/Skewers
Its deep-fried chicken on skewers
with peanut sauce
Pretty good and looks cool on a boat-shaped plate


Deep-fried Squid
The lady boss recommended this dish
Its 盐酥 style, squid is fresh, chewy
So far so good..


Pork Dumplings
Skin is alright, however the fillings are disappointing
Bits of 韭菜, celery with minimal minced pork
You can hardly taste the pork - seriously!
Please call it Vegetables Dumplings instead
Fail!


Siew Mai
This dish is pretty good
Meat paste has taste of chinese mushrooms


Lotus Leaf Rice
No complains about this
Sufficient ingredients
Rice is fragrant


has chinese mushrooms and chinese sausage


Phoenix Claw
Basically Chicken Feet
Its alright


Shrimp Dumpling
Overcooked and not prepared properly
The shrimp is not chewy already
Just feels like mash inside dumpling skin
Fail!

Total Damage: $37.20
Food Quality: 7/10
Value for Money: 7/10
Service: 0/10
Return Factor: 0/10

Seriously I have no idea
how the boss can be arrogant
when his food/service shouts mediocrity
Such a shame!


The weather was so hot after the flood
My Pizza Hut hot sticker shouts HOT!


For dinner I made
fried chicken and fries with rice


Not really..
Bought from Sunnybank KFC


Yes, I'm finally back at WEST END
but there's still re-construction and cleaning everywhere
The streets are still muddy


Saw a letter slipped under my room door..


Aww.. Thank you guys!
Pok, Lester and Junwen




More DotA printscreens
that nobody looks at..


Went to get a haircut at Koogi (CBD)
cos my mum kept bugging me
to cut my hair for Chinese New Year


Received a flood warning again today at 4PM
Fuck my Life!
ALERT: QLD Severe T'Storm: Large Hail, Flash Flooding, Damaging Winds. Acacia Ridge, Brisbane CBD, Sunnybank, Moorooka, Mt Gravatt areas at risk. BCC ewn.com.au



Lastly, do watch Ch8
tomorrow morning 19 Jan 2011 (Wed), 8AM
Good Morning Singapore will be showing some of my photos

Also, grab your copy of zbCOMMA (早报逗号)
this Friday 21 Jan 2011 from your newstand in Singapore
You'll see my flood victim face and article again in Mandarin


FIN!




http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/

No comments: