Friday, June 11, 2010

EXAMS JUNE 2010




During breaks, I play a lil
Defence of the Ancients (DotA)



Longest game ever.. 73min
and everyone was bored to the core.


Spirit Breaker, "How now?"




Mad Men


Dinner was at Jay's


Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce




Better than Nando's or KFC!


Strawberries from Farmer's Market


Group Studying at City Library


Zin looks tired and moody


Peggy-buta, clueless as ever


Maggie's first appearance on MyDemonInYou


KING MING mugging hard
If anyone had even noticed,
I've overgrown facial hair
It makes me look hardworking
I decided to shave only after my last paper
So don't bug me about it!






好玩吗?


Fruity Lip Balm


念力 - 王者绝非偶然


两个笨小孩
不过还蛮可爱的说






KING 是虚名
MING 也是虚名
重点是 - 我的
粉红球很大





We are well.. ahem.. tourists




Heading back home for dinner..


The girls decided to go shopping instead
So me and Zin escaped..


Dinner was at HAPPY DAYS...


Its amazing how they grew from a lil slum shop
to a well-known Chinese/Vietnamese Restaurant.
I always enjoy asking the friendly China staff, Sarah
to surprise me by deciding my dinner.


The agents came for room inspection
and I happened to be playing DotA
and taking passport size photos for Jay (see below)
He stared at my screen and said "So you're getting Vanguard"
told me he's VERY VERY AWESOME at the game
and invited me to play with him soon..


Lunch today is 1.45pm at RED & WHITE
165 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane


They are having a $12/- lunch special
(choice of six dishes) with a tag-line
"Enjoy Brisbane's only authentic Peruvian food"
on its sandwich board and flyers


Got myself seated in front of the espresso machine
LA MARZOCCO
Waiter with runny nose approached me and
asked if I would like to have anything other than water


The Pass
Communication was observed between cook and waiter


Restaurant ambience was pretty good
Warm lighting mixed with natural lighting
Beautiful mural, speckless-clean dining area
However no music was played
Was expecting some Peruvian or Spanish music




Coffee and Cakes
Could be a nice place to hang out for coffee?
Maybe? Read on..


Waiter with Runny Nose told me that
because it was a busy day,
only the last three item on the menu was available:
Escabeche de Pollo, Adobo de Chanco and Seco de Cordero
Hmm... Stock-out situation
So I asked for a recommendation
which the waitered suggested the Lamb Stew




Seco de Cordero
$15.00
Lamb stew cooked in coriander, red wine, aji panca and aji Amarillo. Served on Peruvian style beans puree and steamed rice.
Dish arrived in about 8min, as Waiter in Runny Nose presented my dish
The presentation is beautiful, fresh parsley was used as condiment
However on the chef's part, the combination of starch and meat
make it seem like baby food - similiar to Indian Kitchen
Beans puree is Garbanzo Beans (chickpea) kinda pungent
I would suggest frying them with spices before making the puree


Lamb Stew is a overly salty, lacks character and cold be stewed longer
Rice was properly cooked
I'm commenting from a Singaporean point-of-view
This could genuinely be "Peruvian-style" for all I know!


Cafe Latte
$3.00
Espresso was well.. Doesn't taste like espresso
Milk was flat
Really what I was expecting from a
La Marzocco + Campos combination
So I blame it on the Runny Nose Waiter

Return Factor: Not likely




Jay's D.I.Y. passport-sized photos
Proudly sponsored by KING MING

iPhone Updates


Punjabi Palace with Jay


My New Novelty Toys
Special thanks to Richard Chan


Oscar Likey Too!


FIN!


http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, u think i get 550D kit? or 50D body, then i get my own prime?!

50D body almost same as 550D kit leh..

i am your worst nightmare, keagan..
and im coming bne to haunt u already..

MING said...

worst nightmare?
not anymore.. we're cool.
50D has better noise tolerance.
550D got HD video.
take your pick.