Thursday, March 4, 2010

Brisbane - Day 13


Went to take my test AGAIN
Never give up!


And I finally got my license!
Hell yeah!~~ I know it looks like a miserable piece of paper
They don't have plastic driver's cards here


So discouraging.. When I stepped out of the building
There's this sign saying - DEMOLITION IN PROGRESS
Come on.. I'm a safe driver ok?


Then went to Office Works
to get some stationaries and stuff for my new room
Look at all these burnt marks on my hand
I gotta stop cooking for a week, man


I have no idea how this frog got sucked in
but sure is gross...


Ladies and Gentleman, my new room..


See I'm actually a very neat and tidy person
Focused and Organised


Yea actually I don't have much clothes..
I didn't bring my entire closet over to Brisbane
Half of them are in my laundry basket too


This is the common area
where you can watch tv and laze around


The kitchen, but I don't wanna cook now
Got enough burnt marks on my arm


Poor Asian boy eats sushi for lunch
Raw Salmon, Smoked Salmon and Soft Shell Crab
AUD 2.20 - AUD 2.50 each
From Top Sushi


New housemates.. Still can't remember names
Anyways, I'm on my way to QUT to find Jiajin..


Holy shit! Another Jurrassic Park!


When I was in Singapore, I cherish these little plot of empty land
cos they erect buildings as soon as they find empty lands


Ok, so here I am at Kelvin Grove


In Australia, you do not just go to your optician
you need to make an appointment
Maybe wait a week or so, then they will do a report for you
Before you can get your glasses/contact lens done


They check a lot of stuff here
Not just the power/degree of your vision
but also the eye health, reading distance etc etc


Looks like expensive equipment
This is actually a QUT training facility open to public
to be guinea pigs


Oohh.. My camera can read the smallest words!


Jiajin, "So wat type of contact lens do you use?"
KING MING, "Hmm.. Canon L-lens?"


We did various tests but Jiajin is damn slow
It hurts my eyes when he points the torch
at 5cm distance for 5min


"Ok now.. Open you eyes..."


OPTIC BLAST!


After destroying half of the clinic
I was chased out
Its not my fault, right?


Guess who I saw at the clinic?


Yes.. Autumn is near..


Woah.. There can't be too much coincidence
Jeremy too?




So we decided to have our dinner together nearby..


Carraway Pier
Remember when I last ate Fish n' Chips here?


Everything's bigger sized here
Just look at the Coca Cola.. FAT


Waiting for our dinners
The weather is o' so fine~~
Please don't rain tomorrow too!


Super-sized Marlboro too
30 sticks (right)


The "Dim Sim" caught my eye
So I went to ask the Asian wait staff what it is
Apparently, he pronounced it as "dim sim"
So I decided to order one and try for myself
thinking it could be "Dim SUM"
Maybe har gao, siew mai or char siew bao?


Student Meal
1 Cod, Fries and Coke
AUD 8.90


The Regular Cod Fish n' Chips meal
The caesar salad is really good! =d
Nice fries too


Shauna thought I was praying..
But I was actually mumbling "いただきます"


Small Dim Sim
AUD 1.40
Okaaay... So this is a dim sim! Got conned!
Just some dumpling skin wrapped in
pork, celery etc meatball kinda filling
NOT FUNNY!


Such a coincidence, everyone seems to end school
around the same time
So Yen joined us


Someone tell me what the fark is this about?
Chinese Cult?


Next, went to QPAC to see Richard Dawkins
No idea who he is? Go do a wikipedia search
Entry: AUD 15


Really nice concert hall! =D
Love it~~


So he talks about his new book
The Greatest Show On Earth
(The Evidence for Evolution)
I wasn't very impressed cos I studied Darwin in JC
So he pretty much retell the theories in modern terms
and ok, I give it to him - he's funny!
But Jean Yeow is funny too..


City Beats..


There was an overwhelming autograph signing session after that..


Suckers


I think he really doesn't fancy Asians
He put on a foul face when he saw a group of yellow people
Probably doesn't prefer evolution in the yellowish manner


Last stop was at The Three Monkeys


It was so crowded we almost couldn't find a seat


Lots of fresh cakes to choose from too


They serve really nice coffee here
And you know I don't add sugar in my coffee


New York Cheesecake




The sandwiches in Brisbane are humongous
Be sure to share it, unless you're a big eater!


All night we talked about aliens, NS.. etc
Weird stuff..
But really nice place to just sit around and chill




Then we talked about religion and politics
All the things you're not supposed to discuss about


HOME SWEET HOME!


When I reached home, there was Family Guy on television!
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!

FIN!


http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/



No comments: