Monday, February 1, 2010

Marina Barrage Night Shoot


Jonapong invited me and Lili
to Marina Barrage for a night shoot


Everytime I come around
It looks a bit more completed
But I won't be around to witness its full glory


Nice silky smooth long exposure shot
from my EF 17-40mm f/4L USM


Jonapong testing his new lens
and yes, finally he returned me my kit lens
hur hur hur..


Lili got nothing to do
while me and Jonapong were busy snapping away


Some shots from EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Lets see how far it can zoom..


Nope.. Not far enough to see couples having sex
inside the Singapore Flyer or Pan Pacific Hotel rooms


I wanna fly a kite too
T_T


Everybody like don't need to sleep one
A lot of couples romantic there.. Bloody hell!
GET A ROOM!


Kinda like playing old school Atari Games, yes?
Pac Man, Space Invaders, Tetris kinda.. yes?


I wanna have a boat next time
so I can be lost on a desserted island
eating tree bark and fishing for life


GET A ROOM!


Ah Pong jiat Long Tong
Ok.. I dunno what that means
but it kinda rhymes


HANTU!
No la, they're just lil Malay kids
I think they have all the fun
Chinese families are boring shit


More couples..


Short Exposure with Big Aperture


Jonapong + Lilipong


When I'm bored
I do this kinda shit


Since both of them are single now
They should be together
接吻 *clap clap*
结婚 *clap clap*
生孩子 *clap clap*


This is The Pump Room


This is the Lamp Post


These are Nice Legs
Ok.. I'm really bored
@$@^%$&^%*%^&#$%#@%


Anyways here's a panorama I did
Pretty steam, I think
(click image to enlarge)


Supper was at
Sin Heng Claypot Bak Kut Teh
We met up with Jerald, Hongyu, KM, Edwin and Candy Mak
after they finished drinking and playing pool


It was nice that they had both
Red Cut Chili with Black Sauce
and Chili Padi


They look damn sleepy already
Hahaha...




Stoned-face Pong


Bak Choy stir-fried with Shallots
Kinda plain and simple
without the usual oyster sauce


Finally the Bak Kut Teh arrived
An introduction to Bak Kut Teh:

Bak kut teh (Hokkien: 肉骨茶) is a Chinese soup popularly served in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Taiwan (where there is a predominant Hoklo and Teochew community) and also, cities of neighbouring countries like Batam of Indonesia and Hat Yai of Thailand. The name literally translates as "meat bone tea", and, at its simplest, consists of meaty pork ribs simmered in a complex broth of herbs and spices (including star anise, cinnamon, cloves, dang gui, fennel seeds and garlic) for hours. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bak_kut_teh]

There are mainly 4 varieties
and in different countries they put different ingredients into it
1. Teo Chew Style - light coloured, very peppery.
2. Hokkien Style - dark coloured soup (the one you see above)
3. Cantonese Style - has strong herb taste
4. Muslim Style - replaces Pork with Chicken

In JB Malaysia, it comes with a lot more ingredients
such as deep fried fritters (youtiao), pork intestines, vegetables, bean curds etc
I think food cost is cheaper in Malaysia compared to here


Assam/Sambal Fish Head
The Sambal is bottled fresh, not home-maid
So I'm a lil disappointed
In addition, there were very few eggplants, lady's finger, tomato
Cut cost, maybe?




HTM-style


Jerald trying to prove that
you can actually smoke a pork rib =_="

Anyways I'm really disappointed with the food here
It was very tasty long ago
but today when we came in
It was a fully China-staffed crew inside and outside the kitchen
They were sloppy, lazing around
trying to catch some sleep whenever possible
The boss should go check on them some time
FAIL!

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/sin_heng_claypot_bak_kut_teh/
http://leongmingen.blogspot.com/

FIN!



http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/



No comments: