Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CHINESE NEW YEAR [day 02]


Went to my 姑姑's house
and saw my 13 month old lil nephew, Samuel Yeo
First time in his life he saw such a HUGE camera


The backyard with home grown Onions and Papaya
kinda like Country Story


姑姑 gave us some treats


Traditional Hakka Braised Beef


Traditional Hakka Fried Pork Chunks


Traditional Hakka Fried Pork Balls


Its fantastically delicious
and by now you should know that I'm Hakka

Total Damage: $0 for 3 pax

[General Ratings]
Food Quality: 10/10
Food Portion: 10/10
Value for Money: 10/10
Ambience: 10/10
Service: 10/10
Return Factor: 10/10
Other Remarks: Nothing taste better than home food


Baby Samuel came by again
chewing a chilled mandarin orange
leaving teeth marks on the skins


Look how simple things make him happy
As we all grow older, we find demons in us..
My Demon in You..




I don't know why
I love reading these baby books
It amazes me and make me wish life is simple


Every 5 min, he tours by to show us his new toys


There was a song that goes..
"My Grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf,
So it stood ninety years on the floor.."
One of my favourite songs of all times


The Yeo Family
It was taller by half than the old man himself,
Though it weighed not a pennyweight more.


It was bought on the morn of the day he was born,
It was always his treasure and pride,
And it stopped short, never to go again, when the old man died.


In watching its pendulum swing to and fro,
Many hours he spent as a boy.


And in childhood and manhood the clock seemed to know,
And it shared both his sorrow and joy.


Little Samuel likes to play with shoes
And it struck twenty-four when he entered the door,
With a blooming and beautiful bride,
And it stopped short, never to go again, when the old man died.


Ninety years without slumbering, tick, tock, tick, tick,
It's life seconds numbering, tick tock, tick, tock,
And it stopped short, never to go again, when the old man died.


Next stop.. Ah Beh Aunty's House
She was preparing 五香 (Ngor Hiang)


When cousin, Ah Xiang was making Wantons


And my grandmother waited eagerly
for the rest to arrive..


While my government slave sister
marks her essays diligently
How exciting that her fiance is also a teacher
they can mark exam papers together happily ever after
every Chinese New Year..


Meanwhile my nephew Matthew
is busy with his computer games again


Preggy Cousin, Charmaine with Ah Beh Aunty
and the humongous piece of Pork Belly


Ok.. So he thinks he is Power Rangers
I remember 3 Chinese New Years ago
He was at my house dancing to Power Ranger theme song off youtube
Very cute.. I don't think the video exists anymore


Eating together..
Is what FAMILY is about!


Many delicacies on the table
including the Guiness Stout Chicken Wings
Fermented Bean Curd Chicken Wings
These are Hokkien Styled Dishes


Mushrooms with "Hair Vegetables"
The "Hair" word sounds similiar to "Prosperity" in Mandarin


My dad serving Grandmother
he always takes good care of old people
I think he didn't realise he's old too


I remember Grandmother used to cook
Spicy Hot Peppery Pork Belly Soup during CNY
many many many many years ago..


My relatives says that I look like
I put on eye-liner
Got meh? I 天生丽质 got long eye lashes leh..


This is My 家..


Alex and Charmaine


Cousin Lim De
Remember seeing my blog post
on his wedding not too long ago?
Its amazing to see how each of my cousins
getting married, having babies, aging.
My sister is getting married this year too..
Time spares no one..
except me, I'm still 18 years old


Matthew is now playing with another game
STARK TOWER DEFENSE


Its quite a cute game
where you have to build towers to defend your ancient
You may also want to upgrade your towers as your game goes along
Play here - http://superherosquad.marvel.com/games/stark_tower_defense


Here we have another session of 鱼生
(Tossing of the Raw Fish)


Remember that we have to say auspicious words
and to toss the Yu Sheng as high up as possible
So as to enjoy a more prosperous and smooth year ahead?


click above to view video


Toss! Toss!


Huat ah! Huat ah!


Its fun, but really really messy!


Next up we play a game of Ban Lat
Its like a variation of Black Jack
with some local rules and regulations
Often enjoyed by Chinese in Singapore and Malaysia


Everyone takes turn to be the Banker
and deals the card


Jerry Maguire: Show me the money!


Raymond puts on his pokerface
Everybody gets a Lady Gaga


4 + Ace + 6 = 21
We got a champ!


Rod Tidwell: Whatcha gonna do, Jerry?
Jerry Maguire: Show me the money!
Rod Tidwell: Unh! Congratulations, you're still my agent.


Matthew couldn't handle the Tower Defense
So Cousin Xiang came to help him.

FIN!


http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/



No comments: