Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Bark Cafe

Today Edwin, Valarie and myself
went to celebrate at The Bark's Cafe
An old favourite hang-out that I've not been to for 2 years
(due to personal reasons)

You can see from my videos
that 3 episodes of Actually I.. was filmed there

When I arrived, I went to look for
the friendly Malaysian chef who used to work there
He has "Arsenal" tattooed on his forearm
But I guess he went back to his home town already.

Comes with Cheese Dip
Delicious and not too oily

Calamari Rings
Quite disappointed with this dish
the calamari taste frozen instead of freshly prepared
and the mayonnaise dip is too sweet

This is good stuff.
They made frozen escargots taste unfrozen! =)
Creamy and to-the-teeth
Well marinated and prepared
Decently priced too! =)

Heineken Jug

Garlic Bread
I don't know.. it tasted deep-fried
when I would prefer it baked or toasted

Tenderloin Steak
Ordered Medium Rare, arrived Medium Rare
Properly prepared and well presented
Taste fantastic
Doesn't lose to any local steakhouse
Could be excellent if a proper flame grill is used

Chicken Wings (6 pcs)
Well marinated
No issues with this dish
However, would love for them to
remove the end tip of the wing

Played some pool
$2 a game

Tiger Jug

This is a bad example of beer pouring
by Edwin Goh

Total Damage for 3: $122. 10

General Ratings
Food Quality: 9/10
Food Presentation: 9/10
Food Quantity/Value for Money: 10/10
Service: 8/10 (over-staffed for a Thursday night)
Ambience: 9/10
Recommended for: After-work, Couples, Friends Gathering, Chill-out
Return Factor: 10/10

More food reviews at:

Secret.. Psssttt...
Found Val's vibrator in her car!

No comments: