Thursday, October 15, 2009

Most Disastrous Cooking Experience

I take a lot of pride in the food that I cook
not only because I was from the Culinary Science elective;
They used to call me Tony Leung of TP, Sam Leong in Kitchen
(ok, I made that up)
Also, I've been with many F&B establishments
and have a very keen sense of taste.
I enjoy cooking for my family during the weekends
so that makes me the kinda guy you'll want to marry, yes?

Cooking is very intuitive.
I never believed in following a cookbook.
However things can go VERY wrong sometimes.



One of my most disastrous experience was
during a Lunar New Year
when I invited a couple of my friends over.
To make things simple, I decided on fried rice -
easy to cook, good to eat!



So i went on with the cooking
and my friends appeared to video me
Finally the food came out too damn salty
cos i was too busy trying to look good on camera


here's the video
if you're interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Co05vOlXs


in the end my friends turned out quite sick
after eating my Poison Fried Rice
T_T
so the morale of the story is -
DO NOT DISTURB THE CHEF WHEN HE'S COOKING!
(especially a vain one)



if you love to cooking,
here's a new show you may enjoy


JULIE & JULIA
The story is about this office girl, Julie Powell
who decided to make a change in her monotonous life
to quit her job to follow the food of Julia Child,
a famous culinary celebrity, for a year
And well.. it did changed her life.
Watch for yourself!
The show opens in cinemas on 15 October (Thursday)

Familiar faces in the movie:


Meryl Streep as Julia Child
we've seen her in Fantastic Mr. Fox
(yes i like to watch children shows)
also The Devil Wears Prada and
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events


Amy Adams as Julie Powell
we've most recently seen her in
Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian
as Amelia Earhart (the pilot girl, yes?)
Catch me if you Can with Leonardo Dicaprio
Smallville as Jodi Melville
and Buffy the Vampire Slayer as cousin Beth

watch movie trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvJHsJD8ic


Go watch it soon! =)



http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/

No comments: